Yellow is one of the most divine colors that speak elegance and sophistication. This color is perfect for summer, and if it comes with a shimmer finish, you will slay this look at parties. But what if you are styling it wrong? Or your yellow dress got some stains, and you don’t know how to fix them. Again, if your yellow dress is all fine but still you are not achieving the desired look, there might be some problem with accessorizing or makeup. Need some guidance? You are in luck today! This article will give some all-round solutions to help you look best in your yellow dresses.
Removing Stains From Your Yellow Dress
Let’s start with some DIY fixing tips for removing the ugly stains and restoring the glamor of your yellow dress. The reason behind the stain can be anything- from an accidental spinning of wine to a sudden smudge of makeup products. Stains are easily washable fabrics like cotton or polyester at home. Turn yellow dresses inside out and use the gentlest washing setting in cold water (no higher than 30°C). For ‘dry clean only’ items, consult a professional cleaner. Act quickly on fresh stains; pre-treat old stains with stain remover before washing. Now, different stains require different treatments. Here are some quick tips:
- Sweat Stains: Soak in 1 part white vinegar and 1 part water for 30 mins, then wash.
- Rust Stains: Boil rhubarb stalks, soak the garment until the stain is gone, then wash.
- Oil Stains: Apply liquid dishwashing detergent, rub in, soak for 5 mins, rinse, and wash.
Altering The Yellow Dresses
Sometimes, your yellow dresses are just fine, but due to ill-fitting, it doesn’t make you look your best. But don’t worry! We have got dress-altering tips for you:
Shorten a Dress
- Open the seams at the desired length.
- Fold and pin the hem, sewing it discreetly.
Put a Side Slit in a Dress
- Open the bottom hem and side seam.
- Fold back the edges, iron, and sew a small stitch to finish the edges.
Let a Dress Out
- Check if there’s extra fabric in the seam.
- Measure, mark, and open the tight areas.
- Sew the seams with a sewing machine or needle.
Take in a Dress
- Measure, mark, and sew the new seam.
- Use zigzag stitching to prevent unraveling.
Mend a Ripped Seam
- Tie off and secure loose threads.
- Sew a straight stitch to close the seam.
- Press the seam for a polished look.
Remember to check the fabric labels of your yellow dresses for heat sensitivity, and always press the seam for a professional finish. If in doubt, seek professional help or reach out for guidance.
Makeup Tips for Your Yellow Dresses
If you are wondering which look to create with your yellow dresses, we have some amazing tips for you. Let’s start:
Keep it natural and muted to complement the warm tone of yellow dresses. Use concealer to cover blemishes and blend with a foundation brush. Use a primer for a flawless finish. If your foundation shade isn’t an exact match, blend two shades for the right tone. Consider using a tinted moisturizer instead of a foundation for a lighter look.
Go for warm-toned makeup to match the yellow dress. Use cream-based sheer cheek tints or powder bronzers. Apply bronzer around the hairline, temples, cheekbones, and jawline. Smile and apply blush to the apples of your cheeks, blending into the bronzer. Choose blush colors like peach, coral, warm pinks, orange, or purple for deeper skin tones. Highlight cheekbones with similar shades of highlighter for a rosy glow.
For a contrasting effect with your yellow dresses, focus on your lips and apply simple kohl lines to your eyes. Use metallic cream-based eye color on your lids in a neutral or light brown shade. Draw a thin, dark line around the lashes with a dark pencil. Retrace the lines with a black kohl pencil for intensity. To create smokey eyes, use cream color on eyelids, and smudge with brown and charcoal gray shadows. Add a matte black eyeshadow wing tip with an angled brush. Enhance with champagne glitter and mascara.
Balance bold eye makeup with neutral lips for a yellow dress. Choose pink or orange lip butter or lip gloss. Go for nude pink or rose lipstick. Avoid bright red lipstick with a yellow dress unless you want a striking contrast. If you want to go bold, pair natural eye makeup with bold red or purple lipstick.
Styling Tips for Your Yellow Dresses
Styling a yellow dress can be fun and versatile. Here are some fashion tips:
- Footwear- Neutral-colored black or nude heels add a touch of sophistication to your yellow outfit. For a more casual vibe, go for white or tan flat sandals.
- Accessories- You can easily update your look with statement jewelry in gold or silver. Both silver and gold jewelry can complement yellow dresses. You can also go for custom jewelry like pearls, diamonds, and other fileting stones such as emeralds and ruby. Yellow dresses can work beautifully with other vibrant colors like red, blue, or green. Mix and match accessories to create a unique yet balanced look.
- Bag Selection- A black or white clutch with a satin yellow dress looks wonderful. If you are going to a party, a vibrant yellow envelope bag looks perfect with a mini, bodycon yellow dress. Canvas tote bags and straw bags are excellent for maxi yellow dresses.
- Shoes- If you are wearing a short yellow dress with a v-neck, then go for lack-up flats in colors like beige or sky blue. You can go for block heels in a transparent or white color if you are wearing a yellow satin maxi dress with wrap around neck design. If you are wearing a yellow dress with a floral print with an open back and cut-out side designs, then choose footwear in the colors like pink, orange or red.
Ultimately, there are endless options when it comes to styling yellow dresses. Experiment with different colors and accessories, and have fun expressing your unique style. If you want to upgrade your wardrobe with stunning yellow dresses, then do not forget to visit the exclusive online collection of Hello Molly. Their collection features unique designs and styles that will please your eyes at the very first sight!